Why is an Injury Lawyer Important to Victims of Pedestrian Accident?
When a pedestrian accident occurs, the victim will be required to hire an attorney to help them with their case. The attorney will work closely with the victim and provide them with legal advice on how they can proceed in their case.
Injured pedestrians need an injury lawyer that is knowledgeable about pedestrian accidents and can provide them with the legal advice they need to proceed in their case. This is because there are many different scenarios that could happen during these accidents and the victims may need different types of assistance depending on what happened.
An injury lawyer has a number of important roles in helping a pedestrian accident victim through this process. An injury lawyer can help the victims by providing information about what happened during the accident, whether or not there was negligence involved, as well as what damages are available for compensation. They also work closely with other lawyers to find out who else may have been involved in the accident and where more evidence might be found for use in court proceedings.
What are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
While it is not easy to prevent pedestrian accidents, there are some steps you can take to reduce your risk of being involved in a pedestrian accident.
There are many causes of pedestrian accidents. Some common causes include:
– Distracted drivers
– Drunk driving
– Pedestrian crossing issues
– Pedestrian Inattention: The most common cause of pedestrian accidents is not focusing on your surroundings as you cross the street. This can be caused by distractions such as a cell phone or other electronic device, or by simply just zoning out and not paying attention.
– Distracted drivers: Distracted drivers account for more than one quarter of all fatal pedestrian accidents in the United States. These drivers are typically tripping over feet, watching the road rather than their mirrors, and texting while driving.
– Drunk driving: One in seven pedestrian accidents are caused by drunk drivers, who aren’t able to gauge distances and anticipate dangers as well as they normally would.
– Pedestrian crossings: 45% of pedestrian collisions happen at intersections where a crosswalk is present. The number of people crossing the street on foot increases significantly during the day and with increased traffic. These factors can cause confusion for pedestrians, leading them to be unaware when cars or trucks are about to pass through the crosswalk, or when they should be yielding the right of way to vehicles.
– For these reasons, the MUTCD requires that “pedestrian crossings be located where traffic control signals are in place.”
– The MUTCD also says that “wherever possible” a pedestrian crossing should be where there is sufficient sight distance and/or advance warning to pedestrians of oncoming motor vehicle traffic.
How to Prevent a Pedestrian Accident from Happening to You?
While most people might not be aware of the risks of being a pedestrian, it is important to know the risks and how to prevent them from happening.
Pedestrian accidents are one of the leading causes of fatalities in America. In fact, they account for more than 3,000 deaths annually. One way to prevent these accidents is by increasing awareness among pedestrians and drivers alike.
According to a study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, around 40% of pedestrian-related fatalities could have been avoided had the victims been wearing reflective clothing or carrying a flashlight during nighttime hours. .The National Highway Traffic Administration conducted a study on pedestrian fatalities and interviewed 25 dead pedestrians’ families. They asked them to recall the day of the accident and what they were doing at the time. It was found that 98% of these families recalled their loved one walking, but only 10% had reflective clothing or a flashlight with them.At night, when the majority of pedestrian accidents happen because visibility is limited, reflective clothing is used to help you be seen by cars. Similarly, carrying a flashlight can help you find your way home or during emergency situations.
How to Handle Your Aftermath After a Personal Injury in the Case of a Traffic Accident?
If you have been involved in a car accident, there are certain things you should do after the incident. This includes taking photos, documenting the accident and gathering evidence. If you are involved in a pedestrian accident, it is important to take care of yourself and your family. You need to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who can help you with your case and guide you through the legal process.
It is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible so that your injuries can be properly assessed. If you have broken bones, injuries to your head and/or spine, or have suffered serious internal injuries, you may need to be transported to the emergency room at a hospital. where they can have an x-ray and perform a CT scan. If you are unconscious, have neck/spine or back pain, or are bleeding from your eyes, nose, mouth (or other soft tissues) and you don’t need an x-ray, your doctor may be able to see that in a CT scan.This is not a complete list of the types of injuries that could result from dog bites! Please contact your doctor if you have concerns about injuries.
Are You Ready for Your Next Big Event or Family Vacation Yet?
There are many reasons why you might need a pedestrian accident lawyer. You may have been in a car accident, you may be involved in a lawsuit, or you may be looking for legal advice.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, pedestrian accidents account for around 10% of all car accidents. If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident while walking on the road, it is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible.